While all allied health care professionals possess specialized knowledge of fields, applying that knowledge in the clinical setting requires each practitioner to view his or her role as a vital component of the greater whole, if cost-effective quality care is to be rendered.
After familiarizing yourself with content of the different views in the “Allied Health Community” media, select “Patient Process,” by selecting “Scenarios” and selecting “Patient Process,” located under the “Views” drop down window (Make sure that “Patient Process” is on the “ON” mode). This component of the media illustrates those allied health professions that have direct interactions with the patient. Based on this media component, discuss the following:
- Why it is important for the practitioner of the health care profession to have a basic understanding of the collaborative team’s scope of practice and role in order to deliver cost-effective quality care?
- What communication skills would the practitioner need to learn in order to effectively communicate research with the collaborative team in order to achieve the desired outcomes?
When discussing communication skills with the collaborative team, consider one of the following situations:
- Communicating with people of different cultures, race, or gender.
- Communicating to achieve conflict resolution.
- Communicating-to create team building.
How would you adapt your communication style in order to become more effective in achieving your desired outcome?