Describe professionalism in the context of public health. What skills, attributes, and behaviors are …….of the public health professional? What distinctive characteristics of public health would be necessary to implement in order to fully support your community?
Below is a Sample Solution.
Remember! This is just a sample. You can get a custom paper
from one of our expert writers.
Professionalism in public health
As the demand for public health services increases, there is a need to ensure professionalism in this sector. Professionalism in the public health sector involves aspects such as the ability of public health workers to make informed decision making guided by various ethical principles. There are various attributes and skills that public health professionals should possess to enhance the delivery of healthcare services.
skills, attributes, and behaviors are expected of the public health professional
1. Communication skills: Public health professionals should be able to communicate effectively, especially with members of the public, such as business owners. This is critical in guiding them on best practices that enhance the health of the community.
2. Strong ethic: Essential in the making day to day decisions. They must make informed decisions guided by ethical reasoning.
3. Teamwork skills: In public health, public health personnel must unite and work as a team to enhance community health.
4. The problem was solving skills-critical in facing day to inevitable day challenges.
5. Analytical skills Are essential in analyzing various challenges facing communities.
distinctive characteristics of public health
There are three core features of public health. They include assessment, policy development, and assurance. To fully develop my community, assessment is a critical feature in public health. This includes evaluating possible health risks that the community is facing or likely to face. The second step is to develop policies that are critical in implementing protective strategies. The third feature is creating assurance, thus boosting the overall health of my community.