It is important for a public health professional to show evidence of professional development over time. The professional portfolio is one way to collect and showcase achievements and artifacts or evidence of accomplishments. Prepare a professional portfolio that includes the following:
Reflection of Your Practicum Experience
In a 1,000-1,250 words, address the following:
- Summarize your practicum experience.
- Describe how you have applied theory and/or knowledge from your course work into practice during your practicum experience (provide specific examples).
- What are the most important things you have learned from this practicum experience and how will you apply them to your public health career?
- How has this experience helped develop professionalism skills, such as networking, team building, communication, and professional competencies in public health? What leadership qualities do you possess and how do you envision applying them to your public health career?
- Articulate a personal mission, a set of core values, and vision regarding your role in public health. How will your core values help guide your ethical decision making in public health?
- Include two or three scholarly sources to support your narrative.
Sample Practicum Work:
In a second, separate document, submit a sample of your practicum work (e.g., health education materials, reports, presentation)
COVER LETTER AND RESUME:
In a third, separate document, submit a cover letter and resume. Prepare a cover letter and resume for a potential (or actual) position in public health.