ABS 497 Week 1 Assignment, Community Change
Community Change. Write a two- to- three- page paper (excluding title and reference pages) that identifies a problem faced by your community. Discuss how a model of community change could implement to improve the problem.
- Describe six features of your community (e.g., cultural makeup, size, and locality).
- Define the problem (e.g., obesity, environmental pollution, teenage pregnancy, graffiti, truancy, gangs, drugs, child labor, or insufficient educational programs) and explain why the problem is detrimental to the community.
- Select a model of community change identified in the textbook and explain how it could be implemented to improve the problem.
- At least three aspects of the problem you think that the model will be most successful at solving and provide reasoning as to why.
- At least three aspects of the problem you think that the model will struggle to solve and provide reasoning as to why.
ABS 497 Week 1 Discussion 1, Fabian’s Story
Read Fabian’s story in the ” Human Behavior and Community Macro Systems: Sociopsychological Perspective” section of your textbook. Briefly describe the sociopsychological perspective and compare it to at least one other perspective the book discusses. How can the sociopsychological perspective use to understand, and perhaps solve Fabian’s issue? Is there another perspective that would offer a better solution? Explain your answers.
ABS 497 Week 1 Discussion 2, Doug’s Story
Read Doug’s story in the Human Ecology Perspective section of your textbook. Respond to the ethical questions that follow. To what extent is economic inequality fair? Did Doug have the right to vent his anger in such a violent manner? What, if anything, could be done to improve Doug’s economic and ecological status?