Listen to Bach’s Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. (You may find this selection by searching the Internet.) Answer the following questions.
1. What instrument is used for this selection? Is there more than one instrument? Describe the instrument(s) you hear.
2. Is this piece polyphonic, homophonic, or monophonic? Describe what you hear that makes you think this; support your answer.
3. Is the tempo fast, medium, or slow? Is it the same throughout? Describe.
4. Does this music evoke feeling? Describe.
5. What do you think the artist’s intent is? Explain
6. Have you ever heard this music before? When? How does this affect your listening experience?