Product and Brand Management
Brands from a Consumer PerspectiveFew consumers in capitalist societies are immune to the lure of brands. With this in mind, let us begin our journey in brand management by analyzing our own brand behaviors. Understanding how brands affect the individual will allow us to apply this knowledge on a larger scale as the class progresses.Remember that the discussion takes place over two weeks and your weekly posts must be made in the specified week to earn credit.
WEEK 1 MAIN DISCUSSION POST:
- THE CHOSEN BRAND: Identify one well-known brand and describe what draws you to that brand. You must analyze your own brand behavior using concepts from this week’s readings and lectures. Sharing demographic traits that may explain the brand attraction is necessary.
- THE COMPETITION: Describe a major competitor of the brand and compare the two brands in terms of positioning.
- Are they positioned differently?
- What are the points of parity?
- What are the points of differentiation?
Please do not use attachments; answers should be pasted or typed directly to the discussion board.Since you are engaging in research, be sure to cite the source(s) in APA format.