need help with 2 assignments due tomorrow. one paper and 9 qep questions
1000+ word essay MLA style
Topic: How do family traditions and cultural legacies contribute to and/or inhibit an individual’s self-identity? What do you know about your family history? How is this history shared, and how is it valued among individual family members? Beyond its literal meaning, what are the broader implications of the cliché’ “keeping the family name alive”? Or has this cliché outlived its validity? Number of readings in this chapter address an aspect of family tradition/cultural heritage and individual identity and fulfillment –for example, Walkers “Everyday use”; Rich’s “Delta”; Kelly’s “The People in me”. Drawing on evidence from several of these readings and your own experience and observations, write a claim of value argument about an aspect of family heritage and individual identity.
Please use these strategy questions as the professor is looking for them to be addressed in the writing.
Do you have a lead-in to “hook” your reader? (an example, anecdote, scenario, startling statistic, or provocative question.)
How much background is required to properly acquaint readers with your issue?
Will your claim be placed early (introduction) or delayed (conclusion) in your paper?
What is your supporting evidence?
Have you located authoritative (expert) sources that add credibility to your argument?
Have you considered addressing opposing viewpoints?
Are you willing to make some concessions (compromises) toward opposing sides?
What type of tone (serious, comical, sarcastic, inquisitive) best relates your message to reach your audience?
One written, have you maintained a third person voice? (no “I” or “you” statements)
How will you conclude in a meaningful way? (call your readers to take action, explain why the topic has a global importance, or offer a common ground compromise that benefits all sides?)
I wanted to make the instructions clear so I am not penalized when it comes to grading.
All paragraphs should have a topic sentence and supporting sentences explaining one idea and not multiple ideas.
Things I got hit on, on past papers on here.
Works cited page
ENG 122 – QEP Assignment
Read Alice Walker’s “Everyday Use” and answer the questions below that are geared toward helping you understand her narrative point of view and purpose. Offer specific support from the text. You are encouraged to complete a first draft of the assignment then revise your work.
Submit the assignment to the Dropbox no later than Sunday 11:59 PM EST/EDT. (The Dropbox is linked to Turnitin.)
1. What do you know about the mother of the story?
2. When we have a first-person narrator, we have to decide if she is reliable or unreliable. Do you trust this narrator? Why or why not?
3. What assumptions does the narrator have about her daughters? Do you agree? Why?
4. How would the story be different if it were told from Dee/Wangero’s perspective?
5. Mama and Dee/Wangero have different ideas about personal development. What are they? What are the consequences of their differences?
6. Based on your answers to all of the above, offer your opinion of Mama’s decision to give the quilt to Maggie.
7. How does Walker define heritage?
8. What is Walker’s purpose? What is the central problem she is addressing?
9. What is the theme of “Everyday Use?”