Legal and Ethical Perspectives of Labor Relations
December 14, 2020
- Select 3 labor laws from the following list:
- Sherman Antitrust Act of 1890
- Railway Labor Act of 1926
- Norris-LaGuardia Act of 1932
- Wagner Act of 1935 (also called The National Labor Relations Act (NLRA))
- Taft-Hartley Act of 1947 (also called the Labor-Management Relations Act)
- Landrum-Griffin Act of 1959 (also called the Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (LMRDA))
- Answer the following questions about the 3 labor laws that you selected:
- What was the purpose of the law; that is, why was it created? Describe the highlights of the law’s provisions.
- Did the law promote or suppress the union and how?
- How did this law protect consumers?