Assignment 2: Case Study
AOU – OMU
Assignment 2: Case Study
1. To evaluate the student understanding on the basic principles of HRM with enhancement of critical thinking in current HRM issues
2. To highlight the link between theory and the practicality of HRM through research and case study.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS TO STUDENTS
1. Your assignment should be typed using 12 point Times New Roman font and 1.5 line spacing.
4. You must submit your assignment on LMS by 10 May 2016,no assignments will be accepted after this date.
5. Your assignment should be prepared individually. You should not copy another person’s assignment. You should also not plagiarize another person’s work as your own.
This assignment should be completed individually. You are required to submit the following assignment case study analysis:
You are required to analyze and answer a case with regards to human resource management issues pertaining to an organization given. You are required to work individually. Total of wordsis not to exceed 2000(Questions included). You are allowed to discuss with your classmates but you are also required to answer the questions assigned to you individually. Please read the case as in Appendix 1 and answer the following questions:
Questions (Each carries 10 marks):
1. How would you evaluate Harvey’s decision to bring Hopwood Manufacturing to the university? Did he make any mistakes? Should he have done anything differently? Were there warning signs that he should have recognized, and, if so, how should he have responded to those signals?
2. How did the characteristics of the organization and the events that transpired in the previous academic year affect Harvey’s situation? Would the problem have been different if the anonymous e-mail hate message had not been sent?
3. Who are the stakeholders that Harvey must consider as he contemplates his next steps? What are the interests of each stakeholder group?
4. Why did Harvey just sit there silently in the face of these stereotypical and discriminatory statements? Why didn’t he do something then while he had the recruiters sitting across the table from him?
5. What specific action(s) should Harvey take at the end of the case and in what time frame?
Assignments should be submitted according to the fixed date.
Plagiarism is a serious offence. Those who are caught doing it will not be given any scores. If you are not sure what is meant by plagiarism, refer to the various websites which discuss this matter, e.g. owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts.