Please read the following short essay, Made in the World, by New York Times columnist Milton Freidman and respond with a few short sentences to each prompt. (While this article was written 4 years ago, it still is quite relevant today, especially once you read past the first 2 paragraphs.)
Here is the link: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/29/opinion/sunday/friedman-made-in-the-world.html
- According to Freidman, what are the different ways leaders, specifically politicians and CEO’s, see the world?
- What assertions does the article make about globalization and this “new world”?
- According to Freidman what are our advantages and what needs to happen to ensure we get our act together to successfully compete and thrive in this new world?
- What does Freidman suggest elected leaders need to do?
- In your opinion what do you think should be the role of corporate leadership?
- What do you think – should we completely dismiss the idea of made in America?