What are the positive and negative aspects of managed care? Analyze the benefits and the risks for both providers and patients, and how providers should choose among managed care contracts. Conclude with your analysis and recommendations for managed care health plans. Your response should include answers to the following questions:
- Define and discuss each type of managed care organization (MCO)—health maintenance organization (HMO), preferred provider organization (PPO), and point of sale (POS).
- Explain the positive and negative aspects, respectively, of managed care organization from the provider’s point of view—a physician and a healthcare facility—and from a patient’s point of view.
- Explain the three types of incentives for providers for efficiency in the delivery of healthcare services. Explain who b
- Offer your recommendations, to accept or decline, for patients considering managed care health plans, with your ratio
Support your responses with examples., Cite any sources. references at least 4
nale for each.
- ears the financial risk—the provider, the patient, or the managed care organization.