Topic 1: Political Advertisements
Directions: Select one political advertisement from a recent, congressional or presidential election.
- Provide a brief summary of the political advertisement.
- What type of media is the advertisement?
- How was this advertisement disseminated?
- What was the message?
- If possible:
- How expensive was this advertisement campaign?
- Who paid for these advertisements?
- Analyze the content and purpose of the advertisement.
- What is the target audience/demographic?
- What is the argument?
- Was the advertisement effective or ineffective?
- Overall, does this advertisement help or hinder the political process?
- Provide a link for the advertisement.