For this project, you will be exploring the developments in material science that have allowed computers to become so fast. To do so, please address the following in 3–4 pages (not including the Title and Reference pages):
- What are the 3 essential properties of every material?
- New materials often lead to new technologies that change society. Describe how silicon-based semiconductors revolutionized computing.
- What are microchips? How are they related to integrated circuits?
- One of the pressing questions about the increasing ability of computers to quickly process large amounts of information is whether a computer can be built that is considered “alive” or “conscious.” What is artificial intelligence?
- What are 2 essential differences between human brains and the central processing unit of a computer?
Click on the following link to review additional information in a video relevant to this assignment: Will Computers Out-Think Us?
Please submit your assignment.