Discussion (below) and all quizzes/midterm NEED GOOD GRADES
All bonds have some common characteristics, but they do not always have the same contractual features. Differences in contractual provisions, and in the underlying strength of the companies backing the bonds, lead to major differences in bonds risks, prices, and expected returns. It is important to understand how bond markets actually function and what the appropriate terminology is.
Go to www.nyse.com Click on Data &Tech, under Data &Tech Resources choose Listed Quotes – scroll down, under Bonds click on View Directory. In the window “Issuer name” type the name of the company on your choice. Click Go.
In your initial response to the topic you have to answer all 8 questions.
You are expected to make your own contribution in a main topic as well as respond with value added comments to at least two of your classmates as well as to your instructor.
1. Copy the quotation of one bond that contains the price “Last Trade Price”. Present these quotations in your posting.
2. Describe the information that you received from the quote of the bond. You have to explain each number and symbol that appears in the bond quotation.
3. Assume that par value of the bond is $1,000. What was the last price of the bond in $$$ (listed in Last Trade Price)?
4. Assume that par value of the bond is $1,000. Calculate annual coupon interest payments.
5. Assume that par value of the bond is $1,000. Calculate current yield of the bond.
6. Assume that par value of the bond is $1,000. Assume annual coupon payments. Calculate YTM of the bond using the last price (listed in Last Trade Price). (Round the number of years to the whole number). You should use Excel or financial calculator. Show your work.
7. Describe one major shortcoming for YTM and current yield.
8. How would the following affect the yield on newly issued bond? Please explain your answer.
a) The bonds are callable.
b) The bonds are subordinated to the existing bond issue.
c) The bond rating is better or worse than the Moody’s Aa3 that IBM anticipates.
Fill out an form and receive your A-grade paper.Place an Order