- Call to Action
Review The Surgeon General’s Vision for a Healthy and Fit Nation 2010. Then, locate a news article or video related to obesity. Identify the source and evaluate the impact of the report, in relation to the media attention and focus on the topic of obesity. How did the report and media coverage create a sense of urgency to move the audience from complacency to action? In what ways do persuasive arguments and presentations directed toward general audiences create a call to action for reform?
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly sources, and properly cite any references.
- Final Research Paper Progress
At this point in the course, you should have a strong draft of your Final Research Paper. Share your progress on the Final Research Paper, including the following:
- Identify the Final Research Paper topic. What influenced you to make this choice? Social Media
- Describe your rationale for selecting that topic in relation to your academic and career pursuits.
- Provide your thesis statement.
- Discuss interesting finds and/or frustrations that you have encountered in your research.